2015 Samsung Galaxy S6 Mini Smartphone Price in India, Review

Along with the “growing” trend of phablet flagships each year, it shouldn’t surprise us that “mini” versions of these popular flagships have become a thing in order to cater to the crowd of people who prefer smartphones of a smaller size (such as yours truly). While mini versions are definitely a great idea, what’s not so great about them is that typically the smaller versions of such flagships have very little in common with their larger progenitors. While the minis might tout the name of the flagship, they don’t usually act like it.
2015 Samsung Galaxy S6 Mini Smartphone Price in India, Review 2015-Samsung-Galaxy-S6-Mini-Smartphone-Price-in-India-Review-500x369

But it would be a disservice to manufacturers if I didn’t admit that they have improved somewhat over the past couple of years, and aren’t necessarily the complete joke that they used to be. With that in mind, only one “mini” has truly stuck out in my mind as being worthy of their flagship name, and that’s the Sony Xperia Z3 Compact.
I’m hoping that this year I can include Samsung’s mini as well.
In the past, I have not been impressed with the Samsung Galaxy S minis. The Galaxy S4 Mini wasn’t good, and the Galaxy S5 Mini was better, but still not great. These minis fell into the category of looking like their larger versions, but a far cry from acting like them. With the Samsung Galaxy S6, I feel like Samsung would be doing a great disservice to their latest refresh if they didn’t take a clue from Sony and make the S6 Mini as close to the original S6 as possible.